The internet is overflowing with Lightroom presets. A huge number of photographers and designers are developing their own Lightroom presets and either making them available for free on the internet or selling them on various websites and platforms. Due to the sheer number of the available presets, it may be challenging for you to look for and find the best presets for your work. Below, we bring you a collection of the best free and paid Lightroom presets. Granted we may have missed a few so if you know of a better collection of presets, be sure to share with all of us on the comments section.
If you are looking for the best value for your money as far as Lightroom presets are concerned, this is the presets bundle to get. This is because it is comprised of over 400 presets that are grouped in a number of different presets bundles. Some of these bundles include wedding presets, black and white presets, landscape presets, Food presets, high contrast presets among many more. All the presets in this collection are compatible with Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and CC. They also work with both MAC and PCs. Check out the previews below
2.Wedding Beauty Lightroom Presets
These presets are made specially for enhancing wedding photographs. Make your wedding photographs stand out even more by improving their colors and overall quality using the presets included in this bundle.
3.High contrast blow Lightroom presets
This collection of presets helps bring our amazing colors and breath-taking contrasts by helping you adjust and customize the colors and contrasts of your photographs. These presets work best with all kinds of photographs especially those taken in low light conditions.
4. 100 Landscape Lightroom Presets
With this bundle you get a collection of over 100 presets for use with your landscape photographs. These presets promise to give your portrait, landscape or travel photographs a new, magical look.
5.Film Wedding Lightroom Presets
Another collection of wedding presets. This one is a collection of over 30 wedding Lightroom presets from beArt Presets that will help you create photographs with a sophisticated wedding film look.
6. The Starter Pack Lightroom Presets Bundle
This Lightroom bundle is made specially for people who are just getting started with Adobe Lightroom. This is a collection of 15 free presets such as grainy presets, black & white presets, desaturated portraits, color corrections among others.
7.Editorial-Magazine Lightroom Presets
A collection of 10 premium Lightroom presets that have been created to help give your photographs a glossy, sexy magazine finish. The application/use of these presets can be undone with one click of a mouse so there is nothing to worry about when using these presets.
8.HDR Premium Lightroom presets
Add cool HDR effects to your photographs with one click! Add colors, improve contrasts and make your photographs shine like never before with this lightroom presets collection.
9.Wedlock Lightroom Presets
10.Era & Joe Lightroom Presets
Improve your photographs with presets that have been created for designers and photographers alike. These presets help you create totally new Lightroom presets by adjusting various elements in your photographs. See what I mean below.
11.Lomography Lightroom Presets
Achieve clean Lomographic effects using these lomography Lightroom presets. Although these presets have been made to ensure that you can achieve the looks you need in one click, you can make a few adjustments to the presets to create a more personalized look.
12.FREE LIGHTROOM PRESETS VOLUME 1
This is the first in a series of free Lightroom presets from shuttersweets. It features over 25 presets that you can download and use on almost all types of images.
13. Trey’s Lightroom Presets Starter Pack
There presets have been called wild and for good reason: they are go a little bit overboard with the exposure but not bad enough that we do not want them. They still look good enough as you can see below.
14.Free Street Photography Lightroom Presets
Included in this collection is a number of presets that are perfect for street photography. They can be used to create edgy photographs as well as photographs that mimic the look and feel of urban environments.
15. Infoparrot’s 10 Free HDR Lightroom Presets
Infoparrot are a provider of both free and premium Lightroom Presets. Today we feature their free HDR presets bundle that comes with 10 free Lightroom presets. They help you add low, medium and high HDR effects to your images and photographs without going overboard. Of course as with all other Infoparrot presets, these presets work with Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and CC
16.Basic Color Enhancement Lightroom Presets
The name is pretty self explanatory for these presets: they are to be used to enhance the colors of any bland photographs that you may have.
17.Fashion Lightroom Presets
These presets are for the artistic in nature. They are to be used to give your images a “fashion edge”. They can also be used to give your portraits a specific edgy look if that is the sort of thing that you are looking for.
18.Soft Rose Lightroom Preset
Use this preset to enhance the colors of your images and close up objects. This preset is best suited for photographs of nature, flowers and plants.
19.Cherry Blossom Lightroom Preset
Another nature inspired preset, this one also helps you create gorgeous, up-close nature photographs.
20.Vintage Lightroom Presets
This is a collection of 7 free vintage Lightroom presets. Use them to create retro or vintage photographs by giving your images any of the 7 looks included in this bundle.
21.Free Color Print Film Emulation Lightroom presets
Remember that time we used to take photographs using analogue cameras with films inside them? The presets included in this collection seek to recreate the look and feel of photographs developed from actual films. Enjoy!
22.Free HDR Lightroom Presets
This presets bundle allows you to add low, medium and high HDR effects to your photographs to create amazing photographs. See the samples below
23.Faded film look preset for Lightroom
Use there presets to create a faded, vintage look and feel with your photographs. Included are both color and black & white effects and presets.
24.Free HDR Lightroom Preset
This preset is a quick and easy solution for those who need to add HDR effects to their photos without fumbling too much with adobe Lightroom. This preset works with Lightroom 4, 5,6 and CC and is one of the easiest presets to use on this list.
25.Free Vibrant Colors HDR Lightroom Preset
This free Lightroom preset adds a splash of color to your photographs and leaves them looking shiny and colorful. It works best with photos that are dull or that have dull colors. Take care not to use this preset on photos that have bright colors as the results might be too harsh.
26.Fall Colors Lightroom Presets
Use these presets to mimic the look and feel of fall.There presets work really well with photographs of forests or trees with brown or dark green leaves.
27. Spring Colors Lightroom Workflow
The spring color Lightroom workflow is a collection of presets that aims to give your presets the colors of spring. It brings out the right colors, soft palletes and a feeling of sunlight to your photos. Check out the previews below.
28. Free Lightroom Preset by Forrest Lane
This preset will give your images sort of a tangy look. Use this preset to make colors pop, add clarity to your images and improve the overall quality of your images.
29. Monochrome and B&W Landscape Presets
Of course this list would not be complete without having a look at some black and white presets. The Monochrome and B&W Landscape Presets are especially good at producing stunning black and white images. The best thing about them is that its not only completely black and white presets that are available. Some of the monochrome presets help create amazing photographs, just check out the samples below.
30. Lightroom 5 HDR Preset – Punchy HDR
This is a pretty popular collection of Lightroom 4 and 5 presets. Though they have not been optimized for Lightroom 6 and cc, these preset will still help you create awesome HDR images. They work best with RAW images to create high quality images. Just check out the previews below
What makes for good Lightroom Presets
There are so many Lightroom Presets available online right now that it becomes so hard to find the right one. Although there may be two or three presets that you find that you love for a certain purpose, the most important thing to know is how to evaluate and determine if a certain preset is the right one for the job. Here are a few of the things you ought to look at in order to determine if the presets you may be considering are the best.
1. Quality – This refers to both the quality of the preset as well as the quality of the images that are produced using the Lightroom presets of your choice. When choosing the presets that you fancy, you ought to have a look at the quality of the samples that are provided as the images that are produced using the presets that you are looking at. If the quality is not good enough, then there is no need to get the presets.
2. Ability to work with both RAW and JPEG image formats – There are two main formats that photographers use for their images, RAW and JPEG. The RAW image format carries a lot more data and is therefore much more customizable than its JPEG counterpart. Regardless, the presets that you choose ought to work with both of these formats. This is because even if you decide to always shoot your images in RAW format, there will come a time someone will send you images in a different format or you will download some images for your own post-production work that are in JPEG format.
3. Compatible with the latest versions of Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and CC – As you may know, every new version of Lightroom brings new features to the table. These new features are geared towards making sure that you produce your best work in the simplest way possible. New software versions also introduce new techniques and workflows that would greatly improve your quality of work as well as your output. In order to take advantage of all the shiny new features, the Lightroom presets that you choose ought to be compatible with at least Lightroom 4. If they are compatible with Lighroom 5, 6 and CC, that is even better.
4. Work with both PCs and MACs – While it is unlikely that you own both a MAC and a PC, there is a very good reason why the presets you choose should be compatible with both of these operating systems. The first reason is that you may have a different home setup from the one at your work place. The second reason is that you may be collaborating on some projects with someone with a different set up than the one you have. In these circumstances, you have to ensure that the Lightroom presets both of you are using, or the ones you are using at home and at work work with all the computer environments you have set up.
5. Work with a wide variety of photograph types – There are lots of different photography niches. Some of the most commons ones are landscape, wedding, vintage, fashion and portrait photography. Granted, there are lots of presets that cover each one of these niches. In order to see real value for the money you spend on Lightroom presets, you have to make sure that they are compatible with as many different photography niches you work with as possible. This is so that you do not have to go and get/buy presets for each of the photography types and niches you cover.
6. Ease of use – There is a somewhat steep learning curve when it comes to getting started with Adobe Lightroom. You do not have to make things harder for yourself. There are lots of presets out there that are clearly not for beginners or even intermediate users: they are simply too complex. In order to decide that a preset is good enough for you, it has got to be easy enough to use for you and your level of skill. That does not mean that you have to get stuck on the level you may be at. It is always a good idea to look at what is right above your skill and knowledge if you want to keep learning but for truly great work, use the presets that are easiest for you to use at the point you are at and move upwards when you feel comfortable taking on the next level.
7. Ability to edit and customize – Although there are lots of almost perfect Lightroom Presets on the internet, those with a keen eye for design will often notice one or two things that they would like to change on a particular Lightroom preset. If you have the skills and would like to edit and customize the presets you have, they ought to let you do that.